Friday 5 August 2011

Yummy Roasted Tomato/Piri Chicken & Roasted Veggies (EASY)

Forgive me as I burst my own bubble here...

I make up some really great savory dishes. I watched my Mother cook so many things throughout my youth & I certainly picked up as much as I could. This is something I made up today, I hope you guys try and enjoy it!

Ingredients: (for one person)

1 red pepper (sliced)
1 courgette (sliced)
1 Chicken breast
Tomato puree (paste)
Piri Piri powder
Salt
Half a lemon
Sunflower oil

Roasted Vegetables method:
Place the sliced red peppers and courgettes into an oven proof dish, use 2tsp of sunflower oil and drizzle on top. Set the oven to 180c (fan oven) and leave for 35 minutes turning occasionally.


Roasted Chicken breast method:
Place the chicken into an oven proof dish, slightly deep. Squeeze half a lemon onto the chicken and sprinkle on a small amount of salt. Get the piri piri powder and sprinkle as much as you would like according to taste. Use one or two table spoons of tomato puree and spread on top of the chicken. Get one tsp of sunflower oil and drizzle. Put into the oven at 180c (fan oven) for 35 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken breast, check the inside is not pink! leave for longer if needed)

The piri piri powder I used was from sainsburys, view HERE

2 comments:

  1. looks yummy!
    be careful some store bought tomato paste contain sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make your own paste, it's easy! :)

    ReplyDelete