Tuesday 23 August 2011

Saying bye to dukan...

Well, I don't know how to quite put this. I'm no longer following the Dukan diet. I was taking out my hair in clumps this week, which is caused by fad dieting. My hair is looking paper thin and I am truly upset. I am going to carry on dieting as normal, but I am going to do it the normal way. This diet has potentially ruined my hair, so thanks for that!
If you feel like you only want to follow this blog if it's dukan related, unfollow if you like! But this will be a healthy diet diary.
I respect anyone who wishes to do this diet, but it's just not for my body in particular. Has anyone had symptoms out of the ordinary?

4 comments:

  1. No not at all - in fact hte opposite - my hairdresser says my hair is healthier than ever. I mentioned your symptoms to the GP I work with and he recommended you have some tests for Thyroid function and your iron levels as well as testing for PCOS. He says those symptoms aren't likely to be related to the Dukan and, if anything, your iron levels should be higher than previously if you are eating more meat and green veg. Whatever you decide - I hope you reach your goals and get healthy again :@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you go, but only you can decide on what is best for you. One man's food is another's poison and while the Dukan diet is my longed for food, it is obviously your worst poison.
    I respect that and wish you all the best and good health.
    My niece preerred not tpo 'Dukan' tsome time back and has gone on to lose weight. As I said to her, it is not how you get there, but the fact that you get there at all. It is nice to see that you are not giving up on the journey, just taking a different 'mode of transport!'
    Good luck and I will continue to read your blog to see how you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole purpose of us being bloggers is to lose weight and be healthy. Whether it's Dukan or any other way :) - Continue on your journey for a healthier life style and a healthier you. Good luck! Keep us posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that whichever diet you decide to follow, you'll do great (I mean, look at what you accomplished on the Dukan diet -- 30 lbs in 3.5 months!). :)

    I'll definitely continue to follow your progress -- hope your health returns to normal...

    ReplyDelete