Monday 18 July 2011

Stretch Marks.

If there is one thing that really depresses me, it is the awful stretchmarks I have developed over the years. If I was married, had kids and happy with my life it would not be that big of a problem. I am in my twenties, I haven't met someone yet. It will be a problem having to find someone my age who is comfortable with having a girlfriend with stretchmarks, as silly as it sounds. I have them all over my lower tummy, my hips, my lower back, my upper arms, my (ahem) boobs and the middle of my stomach. Great.
I don't exactly know what treatments are available, but it is highly depressing. I don't think I can wear a bikini. Anyone know of treatments?

3 comments:

  1. I have them. Lots of young women have them because of puberty. I'm not phased. You don't have to be either. BTW. My name is Anna too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,

    I had foot surgery several years ago, and at that time my doctor told me that Mederma makes products that diminish the appearance of scars as well as stretch marks. Not sure if it's available in the UK, but just thought I'd mention it...

    One additional thing I wanted to say, though, is that as much as your stretch marks bother you -- to someone else, they may be hardly noticeable. Don't beat yourself up over them; your stretch marks are such a tiny part of who you are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Vicky C! It's amazing the flaws we manage to see that others don't perceive! ... and sorry to be sexist: but especially men! If they don't notice a new dress, new shoes or even a brand new haircut ... they certainly don't notice stretchmarks!!! I am quite serious!

    As far as treatment goes, a good moisturizer does help, as does time and toning exercises. Skin is elastic and does renew. I would recommend getting some body butter and sticking with it. Here in Italy (where I live) they sell a ton of anti-stretchmark and anti-cellulite products at a very high cost, but they are pretty much a rip-off. The important thing is moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete