Monday 6 June 2011

Day 1, Week 1

Before I get into which diet I will be following, let me get into some background info. I have been overweight since I was around 7 years old. Yep I know. I was always a chubby kid but never at a critical weight. I have been through life as the chubby girl and now is the time to change.


My current weight is 14.8stone. My target weight is 10 stone.

The diet I will be following is the Dukan Diet. This is a French diet which includes a four step system.
The 1st stage: The Attack stage 
You are allowed unrestricted amounts of lean cuts of hams, meats, poultry, fishes, egg, seafood, fat-free dairy (apart from cheese) from 1-10 days. During this time you will lose a fair amount of weight to kick start the diet.  20 minutes of walking per day.

The 2nd stage: Cruise phase.
Inclusion of veggies like spinach, eggplants, Brussels sprouts is advised in this phase. Starch-based veggies such as corn, bean, potato, lentil, pea are forbidden.  This is allowed alongside the protein and 30 minutes of walking per day is included. This will go on until you reach your target weight, and could last for months in my case.

The 3rd stage: Consolidation phase.
designed to gradually ease clients off the diet and into a lifelong regimen. At this stage, slimmers start eating whole grain bread, fruit and cheese, with starchy food added twice a week. A weekly "celebration" of a main course, dessert and glass of wine is also included.

The 4th stage:  Stabilisation.
Eat only protein on Thursdays for the rest of your life, walk 20 minutes every day and consume three tablespoons of oat bran a day to maintain results.

The only thing i disagree with this diet...is the fact that you have to cut out food groups. That is why I will be including natural carbs and fibre once a week. If it seems to hinder my weightloss I will cut them out.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment