Friday 29 July 2011

I'm back from Surgery...

Well what can I say. Surgery was traumatic like I thought it would be. No not the actual wound itself...the anaesthetic was worse! (the thing that makes you sleep)


I woke up ill as anything. I watched other patients go in and out of the room, all recovering nicely. But the anaesthetic had made me ill. I ended up staying for 2 extra hours with extra anti-sickness fluid given to me. That being said, I magically gained 3lbs overnight. My guess is that the fluid they gave me from the drip in combination with not eating for an entire day & suddenly eating when I got home, not being able to....*cough* poop etc has made me gain this weight.
It is quite depressing and I hope that the 3lbs go away soon.

I can walk (yay) but I can't walk fast enough for it to be called exercise. Hence why I am nervous about gaining weight. Ah well...lets see if I can recover quick enough.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    Glad to hear that the surgery is over and that you're back home! I'm sorry that the anesthesia made you sick... :(

    Yes, I'm 100% positive that the 3-lb overnight gain is due to water/food retention, and should go away once you're able to eat/drink normally again...Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont panic too much about not being able to exercise. Im rubbish at it but if i eat right i still lose weight on this diet. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything went okay. At this point I wouldn't worry too much about those pesky three pounds. And forget about exercising. You just had surgery girl! Little miss is right, just focus on eating as well as you can. It's just important to get healthy again and then we all know you will pick right back up where to left it. :)

    ReplyDelete